Hindu religion considers Shani (Saturn) as a Judge. Hindu mythology revers him as the son of Surya (Sun) and Chhaya (Shadow) and brother ofYama (The Hindu god of Death).Shani has its origin from theSankrit phrase of ShanayKramatiSah(One which moves slowly), and the planet takes almost about 2.5 years in transitioning from one zodiac sign to another, thus effectively completing one cycle (one revolution around Sun) in 30 years.
ShaniDosha in Horoscope
Shanidosha is formed in the following circumstances.
- • If the 1, 4, 7 or 10th house of thenatal chart has a weakened Saturn.
- • If the debilitated Saturn is placed in the 8th and 12th House in Aries,Cancer, Leo or Cancer signs.
- • If the Saturn is retrograde in the aforementioned houses except Libra, Capricorn and Aquarius signs.
Effects of ShaniDosha
Shani is considered as a malefic planet in Vedic astrology. A person suffering from Shanidosha faces conflicts in relationships with spouse, delay or problems in marriage, financial misery, dangling health, and other problems in life. Lord Shani is considered as the judge of one’s past karma and hence it punishes or awards the natives based on the bad or the good karma respectively. If the person remains true, honest and follows the righteous path then he comes out unscathed from the period of ShaniDosha.
Remedies to counter ShaniDosha
There are several remedial measures to get rid of the Shanidosha or to enfeeble the intense malefic effects during the subsequent period of this dosha.
- • Chanting the following mantra
MandachaarahPrasannathmaapeedamharathu me Shanih ||
ChhayaMartendSambhutam, Tam NamamiShanaishwaram||
- • Offering prayers to Goddess Kaali during Dark Moon.
- • Worshipping Lord Vishnu in the incarnated form of Lord Krishna and constantly chanting “ AumNamoNarayan”.
- • Offering prayers to Lord Hanuman, especially on Saturday and chanting “Hanuman Chalisa” and reciting “Sunder Kaand”.
- • Reciting ShaniKavach.
- • Donation of money and other accessories to beggars and needy people.
If you would like to discuss Shani Dosha and Sani report and Sani 2011 horoscopes with an astrologer, Please contact our acharya's @ 011-4962-0000.
Read what our management thinks about Rashee Studio. A blog by individuals like you FOR individuals like you. Read our Views